I have returned!
This is going to be a shorter post!
I have spent the past 2 days since I returned home trying to organize myself with unpacking, laundry, picking up packages I missed while gone (I am pretty sure every time I go away I miss deliveries. It's a conspiracy), groceries, etc.. I pretty much need another holiday from my holiday hah
So despite my 7 hour delay in Calgary on the way TO Mazatlan (I seriously cried a little in the bathroom at the airport I was so frustrated and bored) it was a very wonderful trip!
There is something to be said about travelling alone!
I do not tend to adjust well to time changes, so seeing at it was a 2 hour difference, I was up by 5:30/6 am every morning.. I took that time to use the wonderful WIFI to check emails/FB/etc.. THEN, rather than go to a restaurant to eat, I walked about 10 minutes to the local Megamart (basically like a Super Walmart) to buy fresh fruit, yogurt and maybe a muffin. I took that back and ate breakfast by the pool before venturing off on my morning walk.
I seriously walked for miles and miles and miles. It was amazing!
I think travelling by myself allowed me the opportunity to venture out on foot more than I would have had I been with other people. I know my way around the GZ of Mazatlan like the back of my hand now. I took a bus downtown without getting lost hah. I relaxed. I did what I wanted WHEN I wanted. The days were mostly spent sightseeing by myself, and I met up with my friend in the evenings.. It was ideal!
I didn't get a chance to do EVERYTHING I was hoping to do, but I did a lot. Photos and deets will come soon :-)
2 comments:
I can't wait to hear more!
I don't think I'm brave enough to travel alone! Good for you. :) Jo
Post a Comment