The malecon, a waterfront street, stretches for miles (I've read different distances from 4 miles to 21 km, so I am unsure the EXACT distance!) & connects Old Town and the Golden Zone in Mazatlan. It's divided into nine sections: Puntilla "Ferry Pier", Lighthouse, Centennial, Olas Altas, Claussen, Avenida del Mar, Shrimp - Chad, Chad - Cerritos, Cerritos - Nuevo Mazatlan.
Along with shops, restaurants, & clubs dotted along the way, a walk or drive down here will bestow you with sights of statues/monuments such as The Shield, which contains the coats of Sinaloa and Mazatlan AND if you are lucky, a cliff diver!
((Photos courtesy of Wikipedia))
While I have had the opportunity to drive down the roadway in a pulmonia, I haven't had the chance to walk the malecon. I am really hoping to walk at least a portion of the way this time around so I can have some photos of my own :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment