I talked about the Central Market in a previous post. Very much a great place to look if you are in the market for souvenirs (clothing, jewelry, etc). As a whole, there are a TON of little shops scattered about the Golden Zone to shop in. I have never been into the Gran Plaza mall (it's on my list this year to check out, mostly for curiosity sake) - but if you are looking for your American style shopping mall - that is the place to go!
If jewelry is your thing, look at the silver. A word to the wise: If you are buying silver you should look the numbers "925" stamped on it. It's a mark of quality/real silver.
Leather is also very cheap down there. As a vegetarian who borders more on a vegan lifestyle, I personally don't wear leather. I'm not one to preach my beliefs - so if leather is your fancy, giver. A great shop to look for leather wallets/purses, pants/chaps, saddlebags, jackets/vests, sandals, cowboy boots, hats, and belts is Constantinos. A friend had wanted a leather vest - Constantinos measured her and a few days later she picked up a custom made vest for about $40. Seriously.
If you have ever been to Mexico, you are probably well aware of the plethora of hand crafted goods you can purchase. Personally, I am in LOVE with the bright colors. I bought a few of the blue & white dishes you see below & have bought some of the hand painted tiles and turned them into coasters. Basically you can find anything ceramic hand-painted from dishes to sinks. (And for the record, friends PURCHASED and brought back a sink last year)
Another item I scooped up was some Mexican spices - and the name of the game IS spicy! As mentioned in a past post, it's a popular to add a chili lime mixture to fruits and veggies. Also interesting; to buy a bottle of real vanilla is a fraction of the price in Mexico compared to Canada/US.
3 comments:
Wow, I would love to have some of that spices!! :)
I am TERRIBLE at bartering lol.
Marina: The spices are AMAZING! I brought back some rubs for my parents last year and they have requested a refill :-)
Krysten: So am I.. I always feel so guilty hah
Post a Comment