So, I've covered quite a few different things to do and see in Mazatlan so far (and I have to say, throwing up these blogs is getting me quite excited for my trip which is now 11 days off, especially with the huge dump of snow we received yesterday!) - there are a few activities I haven't had the chance to partake in yet, but am hoping to this time around.
El Faro - the lighthouse
See that dot at the top of the hill... That would the lighthouse!
Sitting atop the hill at the mouth of the harbours inlet, sits Mazatlan's lighthouse - the world's highest (for the elevation at which it sits) working lighthouse! Pretty cool, right?
Even cooler - it you are so inclined, you can make the 500 foot climb to the top! As daunting as it sounds, apparently it only takes about 20-30 min. Apparently it is VERY much worth the trek as the view is par to none! According to reviews, the hike is half a dirt road path and finishes with 300 concrete steps and is best done earlier in the day (to avoid the heat) in comfortable shoes.
2 comments:
I hope you are packing those comfy shoes because I would love to see the pictures from there :)
500 foot climb? Yikes!
Post a Comment