No, I am not going to discuss my trip YET.. well, I am actually here to discuss something that happened ON my trip, which caused a little kink in the road.
So, a little while back I briefly mentioned, without going into details, that I had a falling out with a very close friend of mine.
Without going into massive details again, I will just say: This friend and I have known each other/been friends since we were about 12 years old. We've travelled a lot together. I was regularly invited to family functions (Her mom is one of 10 children so her family is MASSIVE and get togethers often mean renting a hall). I was present for the birth of her daughter; who also has my name as her middle name. She is one of the few people who know EVERY secret I have, and vise versa.
Basically, we were VERY close.
My friend is also VERY hot tempered and hard headed. Over the years, she has lost many friends due to these rather negative qualities.. Myself, being a mellow person by nature, dealt with it. It could be uncomfortable at times when say, her and her hubby would get into a screaming match in front of me and oh, ask me who I felt was right... (FYI, pointing down the hall and saying: "HEY look, shiny things!!" is a valid answer).. but I dealt.
Over the past year, this friend did some really mean and crappy things to other people, that bordered on psychotic. She also did some mean and crappy things to me.
One thing I can say I took from my relationship with my ex is that I no longer will allow people to walk all over me and get away with it. If you hurt me, I will tell you. I will not be malicious about it, nor will I hold a grudge, but I will tell you.
Things came to a blow when the friend, another friend and I were to get together for a gals night to watch re-runs of Grey's and the friend ended up ditching me. She was apparently mad that the week prior I had taken the time during the episode to answer a few texts/email rather than watch the show in it's entirety. So she decided to ditch me... and post pictures on FB of her and the other friend hanging out.
I ended up telling her that her behaviour hurt my feelings and it was a crappy thing to do.
WELL, friend did not take to this kindly. She in turn sent me some VERY rude emails telling me I am a horrible friend (?) and if it wasn't for her, and her alone, we wouldn't even BE friends. She came up with some crazy calculation of how much money she believes me she has saved me over the years seeing her for my haircuts. (?!).. She was malicious.
She then decided to send my sister some crazy and rude emails where she berated me and accused me of STEALING from her.
Now, my sister is not a push over. My sister is VERY strong willed and can have a fiery temper as well. She tore a strip off of Friend... No one hurts her baby sis :-)
Friend admitted to lying about the stealing - this was her pathetic childish way of trying to get attention/'win'... Funny, I also recall her telling me two co-workers who ended up leaving her shop 'stole' from her... But I digress...
I remained very civil in these emails. I'm not stupid. I chose my words VERY carefully, so there were not things spoken that I would be unable to take back... Even though I was very hurt by her horrible words, I chose to be an adult.
I eventually refused to reply to her BS and we stopped speaking. During a holiday party at another friends home, she would not look me in the eye and her hubby shot me dirty looks all night.. That was the last time we saw each other...
I have chosen to not say anything negative to other people about her, other than to my bff who this friend has also done some VERY horrible things to (they no longer speak either), since this happened. I am not like that.. Why fuel a fire? When people ask, I explain we had an argument and she did not take well to me calling her out. Anyone who knows her is not surprised.. She has a bad rep.
So to the point of my blog - I get to Mexico and meet up with my friend, D, there. D has met Friend and her hubs (but have not spoken since last year)... D basically asks what happened with us, as he has noticed she and I no longer post on each others FB, no photos, etc.. I give my usual speech about the argument. Forwhatever reason (3 beers?) I also mentioned that she has been trying to tell people lies about me - stealing, using them, etc.. He mentioned he does not trust her. He also mentioned other people who have met her there have described her as "evil". Eep! Not how I would want myself thought of!
Simple. That same night I take a photo of myself and my friend D out and post it on FB.
D mentions later that the next day he received a FB message from Friend. Long and short of it, I found out that Friend is trying to tell D that they saw I am out in Mex and I am trying to USE him (for money?) and he should be cautious.
Seriously bitch? She sunk THAT low.
Fortunately, D is not stupid. D and I are in regular contact and he knows what kind of person I am. He saw I was not asking ANYTHING of him out there other than some of his time to visit when he was free. I was slightly worried he would believe her craziness, but again, actions speak louder than words...
Fortunately we had had the convo about her pulling this BS BEFORE she pulled attempted to pull it on him. I am very thankful for that occurring in the times it did - it basically solidified what I told him..
I was LIVID. This is a 33 yr old mother of three children. C'mon. Grow the f**k up. 20 yrs of friendship and she is going to attempt to ruin my holiday with lies? That is beyond pathetic.
Karma, that's all I will say!
1 comment:
Yikes. DRAMA. I too have a fiery temper and in the past have said/done things because of said temper. HOWEVER, despite sometimes letting my mouth get the better of me I would NEVER try to sabotage someone like that. That is INSANE, especially someone that should be one of your very closest friends.
Post a Comment