Monday, June 27, 2011

Why do I need titles when it is just rambles?

I really don't have anything of interest to talk about right now, but I felt like I was overdue for a blogpost..

After my last post, things took a change for the better.  I ended up talking to a friend that evening, and met up with them and a few others for a drink to get out of the house and get my mind off of the crummy day I had had.  All 3 of the people who I had texted texted back and offered up some great words of encouragement.. HOWEVER, the friend who bailed on me without warning never actually got back to me to explain what happened or apologize for their behaviour.  What can ya do?

I did realize that the power of these situations IS in my own hands.  I really don't like the fact that I tend to be a 'tad' over emotional at times and tend to let situations get out of my control pretty quickly when I am feeling strongly.  I am not saying that being an emotional person is a BAD thing - in my line of work it is a benefit as I work with people who need someone to REALLY care about them and their well being.  In my personal life though - sometimes caring too much can be the wind on a house of cards..

Never the less, I am feeling much better and trying to take things with a grain of salt.

On a different note, the reading challenge I decided to partake in is going amazingly well!  I just finished the 13th book last night (in one day at that - once I got started after work I just couldn't put it down!)..

Here are the next chunk of books that I have read:
June:
9) 90 Minutes In Heaven - Don Piper
http://www.amazon.ca/90-Minutes-Heaven-Story-Death/dp/0800759494/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309188306&sr=8-1


10) Girl Interrupted - Susanna Kaysen  ((one of my favorite books that I have read a million times))
http://www.amazon.ca/Girl-Interrupted-Susanna-Kaysen/dp/0679746048/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309188357&sr=1-1

11) Notes to Self - Andrea Buchanan
http://www.amazon.ca/Note-Self-Hardship-Humiliation-Heartbreak/dp/143919114X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309188400&sr=1-2


12) She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb
http://www.amazon.ca/Shes-Come-Undone-Wally-Lamb/dp/0671021001/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309188429&sr=1-1


13) The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls  ((the one I couldn't put down))
http://www.amazon.ca/Glass-Castle-Memoir-Jeannette-Walls/dp/074324754X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309188456&sr=1-1

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I love that you are doing such an incredible book challenge! You must tell us what your faves end up being.

PS I can't believe I'm not following you. SO sorry! Following now:)

Suzie B said...

Thanks for following! I am not much of a writer, and I know my recent posts have tended to be a tad on the down side, but I hope I will have something of interest for you to check out on occasion! :-)

I will also keep you posted on my favorite reads!