I am an avid reader, to say the least.
When I was a young gal, my mom frequently took my sister and I took the public library and allowed us to take out books to our hearts desire., and I remember the stacks being HUGE. I actually recall when the library closest to my parents house left its small location and moved into a brand new building around the corner - I was beyond excited and babbled my excitement to the librarian when it opened.
I loved taking trips downtown (and still do) to the main library - 3 floors of books!!
As a young teen, I continued to lose myself in Sweet Valley High and Sleepover Club books.. As an older teen I really developed a love for sci-fi.. Despite what my writing style MAY look like (and I know it tends to be disorganized) I excelled in JR High and High school English - I have looked back at some essays I wrote when I would have been around 15 and the books I was reading were far beyond what someone my age would normally be reading..
As I got older, the love of reading never left me.. As an adult, I read way more than most people I know (Other than my mom).. I read in the evenings before bed and when I am doing my cardio at the gym.. and I read fast.
WHAT do I read? Fiction, non-fiction.. you name it. I have read some amazing works in both categories and in so many genres.
I am actually attempting to read 52 books in 52 weeks starting from May 1st.. I have no doubt that I can complete this task (and even surpass it) and look forward to the challenge!
Here is what I have read so far:
May
1.Heaven is for Real - Todd Burpo
http://www.amazon.ca/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579047&sr=1-1
2. Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses - Claire Dederer
http://www.amazon.ca/Poser-Claire-Dederer/dp/0374236445/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579120&sr=1-1
3. Memory Palace - Mira Bartok
http://www.amazon.ca/Memory-Palace-Mira-Bartok/dp/1439183317/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579142&sr=1-1
4. The Year of Magical Thinking - Joan Didion
http://www.amazon.ca/Year-Magical-Thinking-Joan-Didion/dp/1400078431/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579187&sr=1-1
5. Still Alice - Lisa Genova
http://www.amazon.ca/Still-Alice-Lisa-Genova/dp/1439102813
6. Cockeyed - Ryan Knighton
http://www.amazon.ca/Cockeyed-Ryan-Knighton/dp/0143051857/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579211&sr=1-1
June
7. Your Voice Inside My Head - Emma Forrest
http://www.amazon.ca/Your-Voice-Head-Emma-Forrest/dp/030735931X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579238&sr=1-1
8. Fragile - Lisa Unger
http://www.amazon.ca/Fragile-Novel-Lisa-Unger/dp/0307393992/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307579266&sr=1-1
Not too bad so far! 8 books (and the 9th under way) in 5 weeks..
Where do I find the books I read? I actually like to go onto Amazon, do a search for a book I really enjoyed then look at the recommendations they list of similar books and randomly take them out from the library.. I have found some great reads (and all the above listed books are excellent) and some not so great reads...
I plan to keep posting the books I have read.. I am just not too sure in what format I will do it - one post that I will keep updating? I will see...
2 comments:
You really do love to read! When I was a child I use to love going to the library as well.
Oh, I do love reading. There is something to be said about finding a great book that you simply CANNOT put down :-)
If you have any suggestions of books to read, I would gladly take them!
Post a Comment