Because I am thin, it does not give you the right to make comments regarding my weight.
Would anyone DARE to say to someone who has gained weight: "Gee, you're looking a little heavier!"... No.
Would anyone DARE to say to someone who is heavy: "WOW, how much do you weigh?!".. No..
At least I hope people would have the decency to not say those things...
Okay, yes, I have lost some weight over the past year due to stress... I am small, a weight gain/loss of a small amount shows... It does not give people the right to say:
"I know when I lost weight, people asked if I was sick!!.... So... Is everything okay? ha ha....?" (And this was BEFORE they said "Oh yeah, good morning!")
"Why don't you go eat? You look like you just got back from Africa." (Whaaaat??)
Seriously. Those exact sentences were uttered to me in the past two days. It's not a compliment.. It's not right.. I am not sickly thin.. I weigh in the lower range of what is 'normal' for my height and frame.. I eat..
You would never dream of commenting on the weight of someone who is heavy, so why do people think it is okay to comment (maliciously at times) on someone who is thin?
*sigh* Perhaps I am just a little senstive this week, but please..
No comments:
Post a Comment