So, recently I was discussing blogging in all of its glory with a fellow blogger via email.
We were discussing the fact that it is actually pretty difficult to create a blog that is of interest to anyone else, especially strangers. Do you avoid topics that others are already discussing? (I said 'no!' - your opinion is ALWAYS different from someone else's no matter how similar they may be, if that makes sense).. More importantly, what really IS of interest?
I mentioned to my fellow blogger that some of my favorite blogs I had posted (when I belonged to a private blogging group) were silly topics: The top 5 things that made me happy that day.. The top 5 things that annoyed me that week... I actually did a post where I took a photo of my fridge contents and did a break down.. I did a post where I did a photo montage of an attempt at cooking a more elaborate dish in my tiny tiny little apartment kitchen (and no, it wasn't pretty).
Basically, it was just my life.
It may not be interesting, but it is mine. Perhaps someone else could take something out of it - a laugh, a different opinion, some advice, some solace.. something. Anything.
I really am not concerned with gaining as many followers as humanly possible, truth be told. In fact, I was SHOCKED to have two people COMMENT on posts. Sad, I know.
Why do I blog? I'm human, and therefore I have things that I need to vent/get off my chest/talk about. I do have a wonderful group of friends and family around me who I am able to talk to - but there is something... soothing? about just getting your thoughts out.
There is a certainly 'safety' to blogging and not being able to see the reader (and apparently I get the occasional ones). In "real life", I am not one who easily wears their heart on their sleeve. I never have been, and I may never be. It's something that I have been trying VERY hard to change about myself (and as a fellow blogger just discussed - change is difficult).. I can easily (in perhaps a disorganized manner that lacks proper flow/sentences/grammar) pour my thoughts out in written word, but my insecurities keep some of those same thoughts tucked away when I am faced with someone in real life..
I like being able to GET those thoughts out...
That is why I blog..
I am going to make an effort to get back into blogging more frequently. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I restarted dipping my feet into the water... I had spent too much time trying to fix a broken relationship that I stopped doing many things I previously enjoyed - like blogging. I really want that outlet back..
I am going to start by posting a few old blogs of mine that I enjoyed that I have saved from the private group I belonged to.. Look forward to it! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment