There is something to be said about finding out who your true friends are..
As mentioned in the last post, I spent the long weekend out at the cabin with a group of friends. The weather here has been what can best be described as crazy - 28C one day and down to 5C the next. The rain has also been coming down way more than I think anyone would like... Unfortunately, this weekend heralded cooler weather for the majority of it and some rain.
With the weather being as miserable as it is, the group of us were inside the cabin a little more than what we traditionally would spend on this weekend.. BUT, that time inside actually gave the girls time to sit down and have some great heart-to-heart talks.
I cannot tell you how much I really appreciate the TRUE friendship these girls and I have.
When you go through a rough time, it is sometimes hard to see beyond yourself and look at the big picture. It's a true blessing in life to have people in your life who will give you the shoulder to cry on and tell you what you NEED to hear, as opposed to what you WANT to hear. Tough love, if you will.
In the past few years, many of my friends have gone through really difficult seasons of their lives: divorce, break ups, addiction, job loss, etc.. I love the fact that no matter how hard life can get, each and everyone of my friends has the rock of our friendship to stand on. No matter how badly anyone has 'screwed up' (and the addiction problem 2 friends faced was at a rock bottom level) - my friends will NEVER give up on them.
I feel for people who don't have that support.
Now, don't get me wrong - my family is AMAZING. I have said it before, and I will say it again - my parents are the epitome of what good parents should be.. They are amazing and I know I am the person I am today because of them... What I am saying is that, there is something to be said about having a solid group of friends around you as well.
I love the fact that we can be friends who have a good time together, but I can also rely on them for support/advice.. When the going gets rough, they are there in a heartbeat.
I love these people in my life like a second family, and I could never find the words to express how special these people are!
No comments:
Post a Comment