So, a few days before my trip last month, I had taken my car to have the tires rotated, as it was due for this maintenance.. I did very little driving the days up to my trip and so my car sat unused while I was away. When I came home, I began to notice the car was running 'funny'.
By 'funny', I mean that when I was idle in drive (IE stopped at a red light) I had a horrible vibration - enough that I could actually see the passenger side wiper blade shaking.
I took the car back to the place I had had the tires rotated and explained this new noise. Oh yes, I also mentioned that I found a dirty rag that they would have used sticking out from under the front of my car a few days after the rotation and questioned their work... Well, the shop explained that even though they do a 'courtesy check' of various parts with the rotation, they couldn't have possibly caused any damage. Right. They took a quick peek and failed to notice anything wrong.
I tried Googling what it could be and it came back with horrible things like needing a new transmission.. Ugh.
So, with a lot of dread (as I really cannot afford another large car repair after the last one I had in January, and really cannot be without a car for a long period of time) I made an appointment with a mechanic.
Long story short, I dropped the car off in the morning when they opened and a few hours later I received a call from the shop that my car was fixed and ready! They told me that a bolt around the air sensor was loose, which was causing the noise.
The cost to fix this? $40.
Score me!
I was rather happy until I started to think about this and realized - I just paid $40 to have someone tighten a bolt.
Score me?
1 comment:
yay, that is awesome that it wasnt anything crazy that had to be fixed :)hope you can stop by my blog for some +vibes, inspiration and happiness! i also have a very cute giveaway going on :) xo
Post a Comment