Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I don't have the heart for this!

I think the worst part about dating is having to let someone down when you are not interested.

HOW do you do it when the other party involved is interested when you are not?

Mr Ballet apparently had a swell time and thinks I am amazing. As from my previous post, I didn't feel a romantic connection.

After thinking perhaps he was not interested as we hadn't spoken since our date, he called me up before I left for the long weekend.  Nothing was mentioned about another date, but he DID mention he no longer attends church but took up salsa dancing instead.  Huuhhh?  That is a moot point, but strange none the less..

That brings me to today:

Text message from Mr Ballet:
"Let's go out again if you want to.  There's a live music thing at <store> on Thursday night or we could do something on the weekend."

So what is a girl to do?

I have been on the receiving end of a enjoying a date and being ignored by my date who apparently wasn't into me.  At least have the balls decency to SAY you are not feeling a connection right?

Welll..... I MAY have ya know.. did the same thing in the past due to being too chicken to actually come out and say I was not interested.

I do not have the heart to let someone down.  It breaks MY heart to reject someone as I know how crappy it is... but it's necessary.

So half an hour later I kicked my guilty conscious into the closet and replied:

"I have to be honest, I did have a good time when we went out and think you're a cool guy, but just did not feel a romantic connection.  I'm really sorry about that, but don't want you wasting your time."

I waited for perhaps silence or a "Yeah, okay" sort of reply.. this is what I got:

"Thanks for being honest and straightforward.  I respect that.  You're a good woman :)"

So why do I feel like a real jerk? :(

2 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

It's hard to reject someone but that's also the ADULT thing for you to do, kudos for being honest.

Stephanie said...

Oh you should not feel like a jerk! You so did the right thing, always follow your heart, do unto others and all that and you can't go wrong.