Thursday, May 17, 2012

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs..

The date?  Well, I learned a two things:

1) I LOVE the ballet!
The performance was AMAZING with the highlight for me being Alison Crowe playing piano and singing Hallejuha while the dancers performed)

2) My sister and I have different tastes in men.
I didn't feel a romantic spark towards this fellow.. and honestly, he said a few things that struck me as being condescending or mocking towards me.. IE I mentioned how I had read 59 books in a year and he brought that up a few times in a mocking fashion that insinuated I didn't have a life... and said: "You probably own a cat too". 

I am not too sure what THAT means, but I took it as an off hand dig. 

My sis mentioned he has a sarcastic type sense of humor and can use that sort of behaviour as a nervous coping mechanism, but c'mon... If you don't even KNOW someone, probably not the best approach...

Needless to say, I am not foreseeing a second date in our futures!

I guess I am left to venture into online.. uggggh.

I was really hoping for something there... Perhaps I set my expectations too high...

And today?  I was going to go sit outside, saw The Ex's brother's car out front, figured I would wait a few minutes to see if he left before I went outside... and out the door from the hallway walks The Ex.  I can't describe the look he gave me... but yeah.. Made tears come to my eyes.

Not sure WHY he was even up there (my only thought - giving moving notice?), but that's a moot point... I just can't believe someone out there hates me THAT much... It's heartbreaking...

No comments: