Friday, April 6, 2012

Chickpea love



So, I have been a vegetarian for about 17 yrs now.  I actually tend to veer more towards a vegan diet, minus the fact I LOVE cheese and have not found a replacement that I personally like..

Anyhow, I am often trying out new recipes from cookbooks from the library, or the Internet to keep my diet balanced, actually cook as cooking for one tends to lead to not wanting to bother at all and to keep my diet varied.

I came across a great recipe on Pinterest (♥) using my favorite legume - the chickpea.  It is easy, which is a bonus.

I do warn you - it tastes WAY better than it looks!

Chickpea Loaf

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (or less if desired)
1/2 small onion
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp sage
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/6 cup oil
1/3 jar pasta sauce. (I enjoy a spicy sauce)

Combine all ingredients except the sauce in the food processor.  Process. 
Spread into a greased 8x8 baking dish.  Bake for 30 min at 325F.  Remove from oven, spread sauce across and bake an additional 15 min.

Easy as pie!  I have sprinkle some cheese on top (imagine that) and it is a wonderful touch :-)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Menachérie said...

Sounds pretty good (:

http://www.menacherieblog.com/