This is not going to be a happy one. Feel free to not read this.. I just need the space.
I'm trying very hard to be strong..
I've been smoke free for over 2 months.. I can proudly say that while it still isn't EASY, I feel like I am more in control of the situation than it is over me..
However, I cannot say that for other areas in my life.. In other areas, I feel horribly out of control. And by that, I mean sobbing uncontrollably at times.
I've been trying very hard to 'keep it to myself', as no one wants to hear about it... How crazy is that? I partly started blogging again to have an outlet for these times... now I am worried about what other people will think? Funny, isn't it?
I just wish I could understand WHY I can be SO strong in so many aspects of my life, and yet, in others I am weak.. I can relate it to the previous addiction to smoking - I KNEW how bad it was for myself, yet I still did it.
Why do people do things in their lives, let certain people in, knowing all the while that the situation is not going to end well?
I half brought up the subject with a co-worker today, and their answer was this: "Sometimes you need to return, and stand on the edge of the cliff to realize how dangerous it really is.."
I do realize how insignificant my problems are compared to what others are going through..
We had a major snow fall (which we haven't in about a month) in the city overnight/this morning.. As expected, the roads were in pretty bad shape, and many accidents occurred throughout the city. One of these accidents resulted in a woman in her early 50s being killed. She was brought into the hospital I work at (which is a bad sign to begin with, as we are not a trauma center - but she was not stable enough to make the further distance) barely hanging on, and despite the best efforts of the staff, she passed from her injuries. The hospital had a difficult time id-ing her as the vehicle was in such bad shape the jaws of life had to be used - her purse with ID was not in reach. A co-worker was in the vicinity when the family began to arrive - some in shock, some in hysterics. Their mother and wife was gone in a heartbeat, taken too young.
Someone lost their loved one. They could not prevent this pain. I COULD prevent mine, but I am choosing not to. Why? I just wish someone could tell me WHY.
1 comment:
Hon...you are human and sometimes life is fabulous and sometimes it sucks. There must be someone you can talk to. Find that shoulder and unload. If not, this is your space so write your heart out.
Hope you are okay...
Hugs
Post a Comment