Friday, February 3, 2012

What I've Realized

I quit smoking about a month and a half ago..

It is getting easier, BUT I would still LOVE to light up.  It's psychological at this point, as from what I read it takes 3 days for the nicotine to leave your body, and 10 to 14 days for most 'symptoms' associated with nicotine (aka the "I HAVE A LOT OF ANGRY ENERGY TO GET RID OF - PUT ME TO WORK!!!!" mode I experienced) have disappeared.. Ugh.

I am still not drinking at all (as recommended when taking Zyban - and for my own fact drinking tends to trigger the wanting of cigarettes), which is not a huge deal to me as I was not a big drinker before... BUT for some reason, I would love nothing more than a shot of Baileys in a cup of coffee.  I shake my head sadly every morning when I have my (non alcoholic) Irish Cream coffee creamer wishing it were Baileys... I mean, other than the fact drinking at 7 am would be troublesome and probably get me fired..

The girlfriends that I went to Mexico with last year and I are planning another trip down there this April!  Wooo hoo!!  Anyhow, I decided to shop for a new bikini... and as everyone knows, bathingsuit shopping can be torture interesting.  While I don't need to lose weight at all, my munching on junk since quitting smoking has led to a little more... uhmm.. not such firmness into my belly.  SO, I have vowed to cut sugary junk out of my diet and up my exercise to tone up.  (And sadly ate a bag of carrots at the movies Tuesday night)

So, I am not smoking, drinking or eating unhealthy food (minus my creamer which I refuse to give up).

So basically I am anti-fun. 

Or so I feel.  It's somewhat disturbing to me that since quitting the above, my social life has dwindled slightly.  I get invited out less often when it's "Let's go for drinks!".  Uhm, hello?  I am simply not drinking but I still enjoy socializing and am perfectly happy to have a soda instead..

Such is life, I guess!

No comments: