It's sometimes difficult to not look at your life and compare it to other peoples..
It is also easy to sometimes bottle up your feelings/thoughts and convince yourself that no one could possibly understand how you feel or what you are going through, rather than simply voice what you are holding inside.
I've learned there is a lot of power in simply opening up and talking to someone about how you feel.
"I sometimes feel like I am not cut out to be a mother"
"Since having children, THEY are my life.. I don't have ANY social life anymore and really don't have any friends anymore"
"I am so self conscious"
"When my ex and I broke up I did some crazy things.."
"I really hate my body"
"It may SEEM like my life is perfect, but I am still not happy."
"I sometimes feel like I am 'too old'"
"Have I made the right choices in my life?"
These are just a few things that people I know have said to me recently.
From the outside looking in, MANY of these people DO appear to have perfect lives - wonderful relationships, beautiful children, amazing homes, great jobs, etc... You would be hard pressed to think of what they would have to NOT be happy about - but people often paint on a happy face and are so reluctant to talk honestly about the turmoil that is inside. No one enjoys feeling 'less than' anyone else or showing weakness - that is human nature.
While I can't relate to some of what the friends disclosed to me, I could see the power in the ability to just get it off their chests by talking about it. Sometimes it is just a relief to get it out into the open, have someone listen, give their two cents and if able to say: "I've been there.. I've felt that."
That is what brought me to blogging - a platform to 'get it out there' and off my chest.. and to realize that someone out there can relate to what I am saying..
No one is perfect, no life is perfect.. and that's ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment