Friday, July 8, 2011

Deletia

Have you ever written an entire blog, stopped and read it over before hitting the "publish post" button, then decided to simply delete the entire thing?

Yes, that is exactly what I did.

I have a hard time trying to figure out how much is too much to divulge on Blogger.  I know from my stats that none of my readers are from my home town, so I know no one I know is actually reading this.. ((Side note: Who the heck in Brazil is reading this?  and WHY?))  I do know, however, that you never know who is reading your blog and if you don't want certain parts of your life to come out, you shouldn't discuss it on a public forum. 

Simple as that. 

There are certain aspects of my life that I would prefer to keep personal and perhaps for certain eyes to not read.  HOWEVER, there are certain aspects of my life that I would REALLY love to talk about but I have been holding back from getting into....  I am not talking about anything criminal here, or anything that would harm another person or their reputation.... just some topics that are important in my life that I could post about with some interest....

Where do you draw the line?  How much is too much?

2 comments:

Denise G said...

Yes I did exactly the same thing about a week ago. I was blogging from my heart. But you are right. You have to imagine your next door neighbor reading this, or your doctor, relative or whatever.... Anyone can read your blog! My first thought was so what? But then I thought you know some things should be just kept private. I see some blogs and they blog their heart out. I think that is great! I have always had a problem with divulging certain things. I think it is the way I was brought up. Not to air your dirty laundry.... I guess you just have to do what you feel is best for you. Perhaps right now isn't the time for you. Maybe in a short while you will feel it is time...

Suzie B said...

I have never really been someone to 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.. I'm a very emotional person, but I don't express it very well - and that hasn't always been a good thing.

It is also something I have been trying to work on for myself - to communicate better and more openly...

I, too, give people credit who can openly blog.. I am just not sure that that is right for me.

Somethings I would really like to blog about are very painful for me to talk about.. even though I know it wouldn't be a BAD thing to create a post about.. If that makes sense?