Sunday, July 10, 2011

Well, summer - you haven't disappointed me yet!

Ahhh!  I have been on holidays from work for 3 days so far, and those 3 days have been glorious!

Thursday evening I went to watch (and score keep for) my best friend and her team play softball and ended up going out with her after for a nibble and a drink on a patio as the evening was so beautiful.  It was great to have time to sit and chat with JUST her, as we don't often get that opportunity to just be the two of us..

Friday and yesterday were spent out at the lake with a few friends'helping' (and by helping I mean a two woman job of moving lumber from one pile to another as the work that needed to be done was beyond our capabilities) a friend build his new cabin.  We took a few breaks and went down to the beach to enjoy some time in the sun watching people wind surf (I never realized the skill that that actually takes to do!!) and launch the "island" (it's a very large water vessel that has to be transported to the beach by truck and extends the entire cab and most the truck bed!!) in the water for about an hour... The weather both days was perfect for being at the beach!

Today I caught up on a few things at home, like laundry, and went for a visit & dinner over at my parents place, which is always wonderful.

All in all, a WONDERFUL weekend!

Tomorrow, I am heading down to the States for some shopping and relaxing!  Gotta love it!

No comments: