Today is officially my ONE YEAR anniversary for having quit smoking!!
It's funny - I didn't WANT to quit smoking, I just knew I needed to for my health and for my wallet.. I enjoyed smoking and struggled to see myself being able to quit... but I did it1
Do I still think of smoking? Yes.
Do I still MISS smoking? Occasionally.
I notice now that I am aware of the smell of cigarette smoke on others and it disgusts me... but to be honest, I still strangely crave it on occasion...
Do I feel any different? Yes.
The first few months I didn't notice feeling any different.. but now, I notice my lungs feel better.. When I exercise, I don't get that 'burning' feeling any longer... And believe it, it was not lost on me that I would leave the gym after a really intense workout and light a cigarette...
The few colds I have gotten haven't resulted in chest colds as they would have years past...
My skin looks better.. My teeth are whiter.. the circles under my eyes less... I just FEEL better.
I know that staying quit will continue to be a challenge but I have made it through the first year!

4 comments:
My parents struggle with smoking... they used to before I was ever born and then stopped until I was about 22. Then my dad retired and they started again.
In fact, I'm the only non smoker in my immediate family. My parents are on and off with it and my brother is a very social smoker.
I'm glad you're seeing the benefits of not smoking. I won't harp on it, I'm sure you had people tell you why you shouldn't. But I think knowing that you're feeling better is good for you.
A HUGE congrats to you, such a big accomplishment! So happy for you!
Thanks ladies! ♥ One of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but also one of the best!
good for you! Quitting is definitley not as easy as people think....I was able to quit when I found out I was pregnant..
I am your newest nonsmoking follower..pls follow back if you can.
Post a Comment