So, I consider myself to be somewhat computer savvy.. I get my computer and it 'gets' me, so naturally we both 'decided' to get nasty viruses last week to complete our bond.. heh
But yes, for the 3rd MONTH in a row I have caught a head cold. C'mon immune system - what's your problem?! ((I actually blame my stress induced insomnia and stress for the increase in colds)) On the upside, when I was a smoker, those head colds turned into horrible chest colds 100% of the time. This last one has me with slight rattle in my lungs, but it passed in a few days. Score one more for kicking the cig habit!
As for my computer... I'm on the computer ALOT, so I could have picked this gem up anywhere. Somehow the antivirus program I have was not able to detect it and blamo! I woke up Friday morning, turned on the computer and suddenly my web browser slowed to a snails pace, started shutting itself down and a pop up appeared
As mentioned, I am somewhat computer savvy and realized that a) this is not a program installed on my computer b) A program installed on my computer would not be asking for my credit card info.
I immediately shut down my computer and turned to my IPhone for assistance - googled the problem, found a solution, rebooted under Safe Mode with Networking and used a well known online malware site to 'cure' my computer.. All while going through my own box of Kleenex as my body upped mucus production for this event by 80%.
Gotta love these bugs!

2 comments:
Speaking of, I really need to give my comp a little check up!
Imagine being so insync that you catch bugs at the same time:) Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment