Oh God.
My hunch was right. The Ex is moving out. I came home from work yesterday and saw him loading some belongings up...
Apparently I care WAY more than I thought I did as it induced a huge panic response in me.. I honestly was not expecting as violent of a reaction as it caused. Grief stricken sobbing. Horrid nervous energy that I didn't know what to do with.. Pure panic.
I texted a friend and my sis for some support, and was offered up this: This was the last tie I had to be severed. Which is true - while he was here, there was always a faint possibility of the man who I thought I would marry to love me back the way I loved him.
This may sound crazy knowing the crap I have written about the crummy things he did... but my heart wasn't ready to give up on the one I loved. This move has caused emotions to erupt that I thought were gone or deeply buried.
I read a post this morning from a blogger I follow about not being able to Accept. It really struck a cord with me as I have been very angry with Him. I have believed so strongly in my heart for things to be a certain way, tried to move past them and still was stuck feeling strongly. I couldn't help buy believe I felt how I did for a reason.
I prayed on that feeling. I actually started crying this past Sunday in church (and I haven't been attending church regularly for a while due to my feelings of anger) when the pastor spoke about praying for miracles/healing. I thought: "I DID".
I struggle to believe that this much pain is what His plan is for me.
I've cried my tears for 3 years. I've put my heart and soul into something and ultimately failed. I have not learned from it. It has not made me stronger.
In fact, it has turned me into someone I don't want to be.
I have never been a really negative person. I was the person patients at work enjoyed working with because I was "always smiling". I feel some days that this experience has sucked that joy from my life.. I feel like a failure at life.. What I prayed for, what I want and where I am are no where near each other. It hurts badly.
I try to stand strong knowing I am a good person. I try to believe that I just need to give it time.. I try to believe He is working ... but still.. I am shaken. I am faltering.
I am struggling to believe.
2 comments:
Funny how that happens, isn't it?
My relationship with my soon to be ex-husband was over long before we stopped living together. And when time came for him to move out, I was ready to be alone.
But the day I came home and his stuff was gone... it was HARD. I seriously sat one the floor and just SOBBED. It was awful. At first I wondered how I could cry over someone that I was no longer in love with.
But at one time I know I loved him. Hell, I married him. And ending all that, even if the love isn't there, is so hard.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. If you need to talk, my email address is on my blog. Feel free to shoot me an email.
Sending you good thoughts.
Hi Soozle,
I prayed for you today. I know what you are talking about..somethings in life haven't made me strong but I do not know why God allowed them. But I do know that He knows and has the big picture in mind. I want to encourage you with 1 Chronicles 4:9.
I am glad you are writing it out..it will help you have some relief when you put it down somewhere.
Post a Comment