Monday, June 10, 2013

A little bit about me..

A little bit about me..


I'm the type of girl who takes great pleasure out of driving barefoot.  Don't ask me WHY, but I find it so freeing to drive down the highway barefoot.. possibly singing as loudly as I can to whatever is playing on my stereo... and rather badly at that.

I'm the type of girl who goes to the gym daily.  Why do I go? It's not that I am THAT health conscience.. I eat well, I exercise.. but I also go to the gym so I can justify chowing down on some Reese Peanut Butter cups.  If my abs are never going to be defined because I refuse to give up carbs and sugar? So be it!  I'm happier for the indulgence!

I'm the type of girl who isn't high maintenance. I can't curl my hair for the life of me.  I have never mastered the art of eyeshadow trios... and really could care less to do so. I'm a complete girly girl as I love wearing dresses - but I will also hop on a quad in the same dress.

I'm the type of girl who doesn't quite GET fashion.  I take pride in my appearance, don't get me wrong.. but I am also the type of girl who doesn't get cramming my feet into $600 shoes that are uncomfortable.. bring on the flip flips and sneakers!  I have NOTHING against 'popping tags' as they say - if I can score a cute used dress

I'm the type of girl who cannot keep perfectly manicured nails... and trust me, I am FINE with that.  I have no qualms about getting my hands dirty.  I'd rather get 'in there' then stand back and let someone else 'do' it for me..

I'm the type of girl who has a hard time asking FOR help.  I'm strong to a fault.  It's not that I feel like I can do it all on my own, because I know I can't.. It's that I'm often afraid to ASK for fear of looking weak. 

I'm the type of girl who thinks more than she speaks.  Sometimes it may come across as I'm snobby because I don't say much - but I'm just a nervous person.  When I'm nervous, I don't know what to say.. and will often say something completely inappropriate or random. 

I'm the type of girl who loves fully.  If I love you, I love you.  I often struggle with listening to my head when my heart is telling me something else.  I try to lead with my head, but my silly heart ALWAYS gets in the way.. and that's okay.  I'd rather be someone who loves hard and falls harder then someone who doesn't give love a chance.

I'm the type of girl who doesn't fall in love easily, but I fall in love fooly.  When I feel it, I feel it immediately and blindly.  I don't settle for less than what I want, but I will 'put up with' a lot less then I deserve.

I'm the type of girl who doesn't QUITE fit in all the time.. Surrounded by married friends with children - I'm a minority.. and that's okay.  I know I get strange looks when I am excited to slap on some fake blood and makeup to participate in the yearly Zombie walk.. but that's what makes me happy. I will probably never be the type of girl who thinks discussing cracked nipples from breast feeding is stimulating conversation and fun.. 

I'm the type of girl who cries often - the recent video of the elderly lady who found her pup on live TV after the massive tornadoes tore through the US? Sobbing.  Thinking of people who are no longer in my life?  I'll break down in private.. and more often than people know.  I'm okay with it - because I am okay with FEELING so strongly.  Tears aren't weakness in my eyes.

I'm the type of girl who just wants to be me.  I want people to love me for me.  I don't want to change myself to suit anyone else's idea of who the think I should be... I think I'm pretty perfect in my imperfections! 

3 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love these type of posts!
Nice to meet you!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

JoKnows said...

Nice to know more about you. Good for you for going to the gym every day. I agree - exercise to eat treats!! ;)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I had a friend once who had friends that were in one of my college classes with me... and they thought I was a snob because I was really quiet in class. They never stop to thought that maybe I was just thinking about things and I wasn't trying to be snobby! I feel ya!