*sigh*
Every time I start to take a few steps forward, I get kicked a few steps back.
Seriously.
I am waiting for one entire week where SOMETHING does not go wrong or someone doesn't do SOMETHING that is cringe worthy.
In a nutshell - I received some drunken text messages late Friday night from The Ex. As I am sleeping, I don't see them or reply. In the morning, I do - as they consisted mostly of "Why won't you answer?" sort of messages..
I politely reply that I was sleeping.
Later, he replies apologizing for bothering me.
Saturday, I am woken up to several drunken messages from The Ex telling me how much he misses me and wants to see me.
I reply that I am sleeping and need to be up in a few hours for work. He replies he misses me A LOT. I reply telling him to enjoy his celebrations, I'll ttyl and I need to go to sleep..
Sunday, I am informed the Ex is making jokes about his drunken 'shame' of texting me and how he won't delete these messages as a shameful reminder to himself, and how an app should be made to make ex gf's a 'no fly zone', etc...
Seriously.
It was enough to make me break down in tears. Hard.
While I am leaps and bounds from where I was ages ago with his influence, he STILL has the power to hurt me.
He texts me TWO days in a row but turns ME into the punch line...? I loved him for 3 years with all of my heart, so to be made into a joke stings no matter how strong I may be...
I'm sorry for YET another crummy post.. Victories just aren't coming my way lately!
3 comments:
Sounds like he was just embarrassed about what he did, so he made excuses. It doesn't reflect on you in any way! Hold your head up girl. :)
Aw...what a crummy weekend. Obviously he's the one behaving like an idiot and you know you deserve better, but that doesn't make it any easier. Hang in there!
Thank you! This is probably always going to be a struggle for me, but i'm slowly healing!
Post a Comment