So, this is not a peppy happy post.. It is not to say that I am not happy - I've been away from blogging due to excessive work, but I am content... I have also been helping two friends of mine (who don't know each other) who are going through some major life crisis this past week..
Friend 1 found out she is pregnant.. and does not wish to be.
Her current life situation is not ideal for bringing a child into the world. (Young, unmarried, unemployment for her partner, etc) She has an appointment for 3 weeks from now to... not be pregnant, if that is what she decides. She is really struggling with this decision, understandably.
I am going to stop here and add that while abortion is something I do not agree with - I am also not going to, nor will I ever, judge someone who chooses to do so. I am not going to open the can of worms up on whether or not that decision is right or wrong - it's not something I wish to discuss.
Friend 2 found out that the chances of her ever becoming pregnant and basically non existent... and she wants to be pregnant more than anything in the world. To add insult to injury, her partner is also not supportive in this situation - making her feel like she is at fault for something she cannot control.
The irony of this is lost on me.. *sigh*
2 comments:
Oh how heartbreaking. It is too bad you couldn't put these two women in a room together...
I've never understood how life can be so unfair... people that don't want to be pregnant seem to get that way SO EASILY and yet some struggle with it. Makes no sense!
Post a Comment