I came across something on Twitter today that I have never experienced, and hope to God that I never experience again:
Someone linking to their suicide note.
I am serious.
I don't know this fellow myself, but came across the link as several people I follow on Twitter were linking to it and asking for anyone who knows this fellow to contact him and get him help. Long story short - people on social media site were able to contact the police who in turn went to his home and he is safe, and hopefully getting the help he needs. Thank God.
In his note, he mentioned being unable to cope with the pain and wishing the best for the family he was leaving behind... wishing he could have been a better father, and wishing the best for his daughters.. saying he wasn't as strong as people thought he was... Very heartbreaking.
Point of this blog - you are NEVER alone. Suicide is NEVER the answer. Never. There is ALWAYS someone there who will listen, and help carry you through the dark period. Things WILL get better in time... Time.. time heals. There are other options. There are ALWAYS other options.
Believe me, when I was going through my difficult season this year, there were times when I wished the pain could just be gone. There were times when I was sobbing uncontrollably just wishing for something to change.. HOWEVER, I never considered suicide as the way out.. It is a selfish act, that solves NOTHING.
I have known people who committed suicide, and know people who have experience with the suicide of a loved one in their lives. It may end the pain for that individual, but the trauma in the lives of those around them? Horrible.. The chaos in the wake of suicide is not something anyone should ever have to experience.
1 comment:
wow. Hard to think of more to say in word than that.
Post a Comment